North Mexico 2018 LOI Well # 6

Group Name:

Christian Mexico Center for the deaf.    



Initial contact:

Felix Cedillo


Efrain Escorts

Total Depth:

30 feet

Static Level:

8 feet




Electric: GPM: 6.60 gallons per minute


July 04, 2018

 People served:

Families: Two / People: Hundreds come to the facility to get water.



This is a testimony that speaks not so much of the deaf school that I am the Director General of, but is a personal experience that I had to live in the midst of the violence that we live in, this region, 

The last week of May I got up early to pick up one of the MCCS staff members whom I would pick up at 7:30 a.m., at the corner of Av, Madero and Breach 109 in Rio Bravo, Tam.

I arrived at the corner at 7:26 a.m. and I parked to wait for the companion, who took about 10 minutes to arrive. 

At 7:34 I saw a van pull in and parked in front of me with two men with long guns. They came down and quickly approached the sides of my truck. 

One of the men pointed the gun at me from the side door where he was shouting: “Get out you son of …. , and give me the key!”

I calmly got out giving him the key to the pick-up and said: “If the Most High wants this truck for you, go ahead. God bless you. ¨ I started walking without knowing what to do, since the man also took my cell phone. I kept walking down Av. Madero thinking about what to do, while I saw that the man could not start the truck, I kept walking, hoping to see the comrade who I was going to pick up, who shortly came around the corner. At that moment the armed man reached me and my comrade and said: “It’s a mistake, come with me. ¨ When we arrived back at the pick up the armed man tells me to get in along with my partner who did not understand what had just happened. 

I started the truck and the man began to observe how I was driving the vehicle because he did not know how to turn it on or how to drive it since most people do not know how to drive a standard transmission vehicle. While I was driving, he was guiding us to the edge of the city. I began to talk with him, commenting that the situation was very difficult and trying to imagine the stress to which we were being subjected to. He asked me where I worked. I answered that I was director of the School of the Deaf in Rio Bravo. I insisted on the difficulty of our situation, and that I would be praying for him asking God to take care of him and protect him. At that moment, the man changed his aggressive and indifferent attitude and began to respond to my questions and comments with: “Yes apá”, “No apá”. It’s fine apá. Listening to these answers, I knew that I had earned the man’s respect.

When we reached a vacant lot, he got out of the truck, and shouted at us to get out and then gave me back my cell phone. I thought he would kill us in that place. He climbed back into the truck, got behind the wheel and tried to drive off. He was having trouble trying to drive with a standard transmission. We stood there paralyzed, waiting for the moment that he would get back out of the truck and shoot us. But he finally got the truck moving and drove off, leaving us abandoned on the edge of the city.

We walked back to the city looking for a place to recharge the cell phone to talk to my family and ask them to come pick us up.

It was a very difficult experience but trusting in God allowed us to move forward. I thank God that he kept our lives and allowed us to continue to serve him here on earth by serving the deaf in our region.

With gratitude,

J. Efraín Escorza